The Briscoe ArtWing artists, friends and JCCC board member, Ann DiSalvo all love the new ArtWing firewall and support from the JCCC!
From front to rear, left to right: Jenwah Panther, Jesse Hobart, Inger Jorgensen, Libby McGeorge-Kester, Carol Young, Debbie Lorray, Jim Young, Ann DiSalvo, Loren Luman. [Photo credit: Victoria McOmie]
(in alphabetical order)
- Arts Council of Southern Oregon: $1,000
- Phase 1 of a 3-phase on-line cultural calendar to promote awareness and coordination of cultural endeavors in Southern Oregon
- Ashland High School/Dancing People Company: $750
- New one-week dance residency for one-half of ninth graders and two public performances.
- Ashland Parks and Recreation/North Mountain Park Nature Center: $750
- Part three of three-part exhibit on cultural history of Shasta people (painting of exhibition walls and simulated dwelling “roof”).
- Ballet Rogue: $750
- Dance class scholarships for 12 West Medford boys and girls (ages10-14) for two eight-week sessions (12 per session) and two public performances.
- “Music in the Mornings” Britt Festivals: $1,000
- In-service training for teachers at 35 elementary schools to enhance the ongoing “Music in the Mornings” classical music listening program by incorporating a new visual arts component.
- CASA of Jackson County: $500
- Cultural fund to enable cultural educational opportunities for children under care of DHS-child welfare.
- City of Central Point/Parks and Recreation: $750
- Expansion of after-school movement theater and circus arts program to two more school sites for seventy students.
- Jefferson Nature Center: $750
- Support for one high school and one college team of two writers and one visual artist, each, to participate in a thirty-member collaborative process which creates a performance and a publication inspired by Bear Creek urban and wild environments.
- Lithia Arts Guild of Oregon: $500
- Emergency grant to complete a firewall required by the City of Ashland before community and artists can occupy and use the former Briscoe Elementary School.
- Medford School District: $500
- New artist-in-residence program for eighty-one special education students from five classrooms.
- Southern Oregon Historical Society: $750
- To initiate “Free Wednesdays” at the Jacksonville Museum and Children’s Museum,
Hanley Farm, Beekman Living History, Research Library Collections, and School Programs.
- Southern Oregon University Foundation/Schneider Museum of Art: $750
- Community presentation and half-day workshop for public officials and community members on how public art benefits communities.
- Upper Rogue Community Center: $500
- One-day-weekly art instruction during 2004-05 at Shady Cove Middle School utilizing Upper Rogue volunteer artists.
- Woodville Museum: $500
- Installation of roll-up door in barn housing stagecoach to facilitate safekeeping and public viewing.
For more information about how to apply for a Jackson County Cultural Coalition grant, go to Grant FAQs
For more information about how to apply for a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust, go to the Oregon Cultural Trust web site.