This third round of grants brings the total Jackson County Cultural Coalition awards to nearly 40 grants totaling over $33,000 to county arts, heritage and humanities non-profit cultural organizations.
(in alphabetical order)
- Arts Council of Southern Oregon: $600 to support the Oregon Snow Sculpture Competition on Mount Ashland.
- Ashland Gallery Association: $600 to support a Quick Draw Art Auction promoting the Taste of Ashland.
- Ashland Independent Film Festival: $500 to support film education for area students.
- Ballet Folklórico: $1000 to support the Ritmo Alegre Mexican folk dance performance at the South Medford high School.
- Friends of the Ashland Public Library: $500 to support the Chautauqua Poets and Writers.
- Friends of the Phoenix Public Library: $1000 to support the development of public art on the walkway connecting the library and elementary school. Friends of the Shady Cove Public Library: $1000 to support the development of a library art space.
- Jackson County School District #6: $916 to support the Very Special Artists program in Central Point.
- Rogue Community College: $1000 to support a public art mural celebrating the role of Hispanic settlers in Oregon.
- Rogue Opera: $1000 for its Opera in the Schools program.
- Rogue Valley Youth Choruses: $500 to commission a 25th anniversary composition.
- Siskiyou Institute: $500 to support an Artists-in-the-Schools program.
- Southern Oregon Repertory Singers: $500 to support an educational outreach program.
- Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon: $1000 to support education and outreach to the schools.
For more information about how to apply for a Jackson County Cultural Coalition grant, go to Grant FAQs
For more information about how to apply for a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust, go to the Oregon Cultural Trust web site.