The Jackson County Cultural Coalition awarded a total of $19,260 in grants to 13 organizations for 2009.
(in alphabetical order)
Click on the thumbnail images to see enlargements.
- Arts Council of Southern Oregon will provide the Artists in the Schools residency program in Jackson County elementary schools during winter and spring of 2008-09 school year. $1,500
- City of Ashland Public Art Commission will enlist artists to paint utility boxes in downtown Ashland. $1,500
- Ballet Folklorico Ritmo Alegre will produce Mexican ballet folklorico dancing assemblies, workshops and classes in two middle schools, serving low income students in Medford and White City. $1,500
- Chautauqua Poets & Writers brings poets and writers to Ashland High School and Southern Oregon University for public readings and workshops for students and teachers. $1,500
- Dancing People Company supporting a two-week dance residency for Crater High students, including classes, demonstration and performances. $1,500
- Friends of the Shady Cove Branch Library will purchase a system for hanging art in Shady Cove Library. $1,500
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce to help support the production of 5 self-guided audio tours on Jacksonville history. $1,500
- Jefferson Nature Center will use natural history field study and observational journaling as basis for 5th graders at 3 elementary schools to produce visual art and creative writing pieces. $1,400
- Rogue Opera will provide educational performance of opera scenes in Jackson County schools beginning in January 2009 and ending by June 2009. $1,500
- Rogue Valley Symphony Association will offer free symphony concert for Jackson County families and low income individuals in January 2009. $1,500
- Southern Oregon University’s Schneider Museum of Art will produce and distribute a public art walking tour map/brochure featuring the Percent for Art artwork on and in the buildings on SOU campus. $1,500
- The Siskiyou Singers will produce performances of American folk songs in 6 Jackson County elementary schools beginning in January 2009 and ending in June 2009. $1,360
- Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon will provide access to training and scholarships for lessons and tuition to YSSO musicians living in Jackson County and complimentary tickets to YSSO concerts for students, music teachers and YSSO musicians living in Jackson County. $1,500
For more information about how to apply for a Jackson County Cultural Coalition grant, go to Grant FAQs
For more information about how to apply for a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust, go to the Oregon Cultural Trust web site.